Is a Budgie Right For You?
Male or Female
If you are thinking of buying a parakeet, or just need the info, then this is your place. But yo need to understand that even though they are cute and sweet, Budgies can be a bit of a nuisance:
- First of all, do you want one or more? Budgies are very socail berds who love companions. If you are at nome for alot of the day, then you can work with a single Budgie. But if you are at work for the most of the day, you need to understand that this can be hard on a single budgie, as they has to stay at home for the time that you are gone, all alone. If that is your life, then you may want to consider buying two budgies so that they can keep each other company.
- The next item that you need to consider is that once you buy your friend, he is yours until he passes. That means that while he is alive, you are responsible for his care and you need to give and show affection for it. As it will form a personal bond with you, if you were to give it away, or abandon it so that it was seperated from you forever, the bird would go into a long period of mourning for you, and I have heard of cases where this has lead to the death of such birds because of the stress and emotional overwhelming.
- Your bird will requre frequent care and a varied diet to help keep it healthy, an investment in time and money that you need to be willing to spend.
- Parakeets need items to keep them busy, such as toys and mirrors. they also need some time where they can fly free in a room or in the house.
- Do you have other pets that you new bird could get along with?
- Many people by parakeets for thier ability to talk. You need to understand that not all budgies are adept at imitating human voices. Some don't care to try and others prefer to whistle or talking in the language of parakeets for their life. Would your intrest in your budgie diminish if you learned that they didn't display a talent for speech?